Sunday, February 17, 2008

Heather's Big 10K


On February 2, I ran in a local 10K charity event. It was my first such competitive run, and although I was nowhere near the head of the pack, I finished the 6.2 miles in 1 hour 5 minutes, a pretty respectable time, especially for a first-timer. The race was held at the local Schnepf Farms, so the whole race was basically done on graded dirt--providing its own unique challenges to the run. My dear friends Rebekah and Hilari, as well as my personal cheering section of Jon, Aaron, and Sarah, were waiting for me at the finish line where Aaron actually jumped onto the trail and finished the last little bit with his mommy. (We've always called Aaron our "runner"--I'm sure one day we'll be watching him finish these races for real.) Who knows, maybe next year I'll be up for the 1/2 marathon. I've always loved a good goal. =)

2 comments:

Darice said...

Good job, Heather! I am very impressed!

Unknown said...

That's awesome! Geoff and I are planning to do the Mud Run this fall at Camp Pendleton. You should do it! Once you start running it's too hard to quit :)