Thursday, June 19, 2008

Six Years!


It's amazing how six years can play tricks on your mind. Some days I can't remember a time when Jon and I weren't together, as if eternity has already somehow squished itself into those few short years. Other days, it still seems like I'm a newlywed, still playing a grown-up version of "house" as I giddily wait for Jon to get home at night. Either way, the past six years have flown by in a whirlwind of bliss and happiness. For those of you who will catch this reference, Jon is definitely my "lobster". =)

To celebrate our 6 years of wedded bliss, Jon and I decided to enjoy a traditional "dinner and a movie" date night. While for many this might not seem that special, but considering we actually make it to a movie theater 2 or 3 times a year, this was a treat. We went to T.G.I.Friday's for dinner (delicious!--especially the Brownie Obsession dessert!) and then saw Prince Caspian, the latest Narnia movie. Movie Review--Outstanding! We loved every minute of it--definitely worth the price of admission. The night was as fabulous as we could have imagined it. Happy Anniversary to us--and we look forward to MANY MANY to come!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay for finding your lobster! I sure found mine and totally know how lucky that really is :)

Chelsey Howard said...

Ha Ha, I love the comment about Jon being your lobster, I love that show:) COngradulations on the 6yrs:) That is so awesome. I'm glad you guys got to go out and celebrate just the 2 of you:) Happy anniversary!

Shelly said...

Congratulations on 6 years!