Saturday, May 31, 2008

Summer Fun in May!

May was a jam-packed month of fun. It went way too fast, probably because as school teachers, Jon and I eagerly countdown the arrival of Summer Vacation. Both our districts got out the past week or two, so now we're just getting ready to enjoy the summer. May in Arizona is wonderful--the weather is warm without being hot, and everyone is enjoying being outside. We made a couple of trips to Schnepf Farms to fill up on peaches (I even made fresh peach freezer jam to go on my homemade bread--Mmmm.....), had a wonderful weekend visit from Jon's sister Amy, and had a fun Memorial Day party (complete with bounce house and blow-up pool, perfect for the kids!) at the Brown's home with the Howards. With a couple of trips to the pool, a lot of trips to the gym, and just fun times hanging out, May was a party!

For those who know the game World of Warcraft, I actually started my own character. I know, I know, I never thought I would get into Jon's little secret passion, but when Rebekah joined up to spend more time with her hubby, I thought I'd give it a try. It's been fun spending this time with Jon, who's been helping me out a lot as I play. I'm not the junkie that Jon and his friends are (and admittedly never will be), but I have to admit, I do think my character (a level 12 hunter named Lauryl) is pretty cool. =)

For the summer, Jon will actually be starting his observation hours for one of his Masters classes, as well as taking night classes 2 days a week. So despite being "on vacation", Jon will be gone M/W from 7:30am to 9:40pm, and T/Th from 7:30am to 5pm. At least we'll have Fridays together. Aaron will be starting swim classes 2 days a week at the YMCA this Monday, and I'm just looking forward to spending time with my kids, reading some good books, and getting ready for our big trip to Washington state in July. It's going to be a busy summer, but super fun. We'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

Tami said...

oh my goodness Heather I can't believe Jon has taken you over to the "dark side". Dave keeps saying I should learn and then he rambles on about things going on in his game and my eyes cloud over, ha ha ha! Kick some serious booty for the girls,k?