Saturday, May 21, 2005

Finally growing up

Since my (Heather's) family left last week, we've just been recuperating and getting back to schedule. It was so great having everyone here--especially going to Disneyland with everyone. Jon and I had really been wanting to go to Disneyland one more time before we left California, but we didn't think we'd be able to really pull it off. It was so much fun; I think we took over 100 pictures that day! We both miss our annual passes so much. Now we have other things to look forward to doing.

So, only a month left for us here in Tustin. It's been busy for us, but not too exciting. Now that I'm no longer in Young Women's (I was the 1st counselor and had been in YW for almost 3 years), I feel like I have no responsibilities at church, which with us leaving, is just as well. Work, in the meantime, seems to make me feel busy, even though I'm only working 2-3 days a week. I guess it's because I want to get done in 2 days what other academic advisors have 5 days to get done. It's a good thing I love what I do, though, because it's stressful trying to be a full-time mom, and still be a productive employee. I don't know how single working moms do it!

Jon and I spend a lot of time dreaming about our new home--living in, entertaining in, decorating, filling. It seems almost unreal that this time next month we could be living in our own home. We feel so "grown-up"! I guess it's about time--although I've had a hard time thinking I'm any older than 23. How can I possibly be 30! And a mom! And a homeowner! It's not that I have any problem with getting older, it's more like I'm just confused by the reality of it. I just still feel like I'm "playing" house sometimes. Now I just get to play in a bigger house! Maybe growing up won't be so bad. =)

No comments: